2018 has been a fast and weird year for me. I am so grateful for the changes I have seen in myself and the peace I am taking into this new year.
I started college in August of 2016, and each semester since that first one I have reflected on that first week of school and how much I have learned and grown since then. I was so scared, lonely, and unsure of myself. Now, with every semester I conquer a fear, I make new friends, and I have never been so sure I am right where I was meant to be.
It is harder for me to see growth from a year than it is from such a big moment in my life. I know I feel so much more capable going in to 2019 than I did going into 2018. I am planning to graduate college in December, and I am currently at peace for my future. I do not know what I am going to do, but only because there are so many things I would love to do. I am excited to see where I will be a year from today.
This year had things that sucked, but it had some things that were unforgettably wonderful too.
- I saw (my favorite) Kacey Musgraves and Harry Styles perform with my sweet friend Emily who loves them both as much as I do.
- I went to Raleigh and Biltmore with my boyfriend to celebrate our two-year anniversary and see his favorite band Paramore.
- I went on a beach trip to Panama City, Florida with my family – a place my mom always vacationed with her family.
- I went to the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga twice. If you ask me, it is the best aquarium.
- My sister asked me to be her maid of honor!
- I started business school!
- I visited Franklin, TN with my friend Angelique, and loved it so much I took Jon there too.
- I got to see all my best friends from home at the same time (a rarity) for our annual Christmas party.
- I went to New York City again with my family. I fell in love with it all over again.
Despite all the crappy parts of 2018, there was so much good and I am so thankful.
I know so many wonderful things are going to happen in 2019 too, here are the three I am looking forward to the most:
- Seeing Kacey Musgraves on my 21st birthday, and then seeing her again three days later! Did I mention she is my favorite?
- My sister’s wedding!
- My college graduation!
2018 was quite the year, but I wholeheartedly believe 2019 will be so much better. Here’s to the new year!