Anyone else always searching for affordable art to go on your walls? I know I am! I came across this on Pinterest the other day from an etsy shop. It was $80+ shipping! That is not affordable on my college student budget. It looked simple enough, so I thought I’d give it a try. It only cost me $10! I really dig it, and if you do too here’s how I made it!
What you need
- 2 rolls of yarn I bought this brand from JoAnn Craft Stores. You need 2 if you make a bigger one like I did. You can mix colors but I chose a solid.
- A wooden dowel Again, I chose this one from JoAnn. I read some reviews saying they weren’t crazy about it but I really liked it!
So here’s what you need to do!
- Measure the length you want it to be, then double it
- Do this five times with the same length, then bundle them together with the ends matching up
- Make a little slip knot on the dowel like this
- Repeat steps 1-3 until the rod is as full as you like.
- Cut a shape. Or don’t! I cut mine in the shape of a V but I’ve seen it done shortest to longest and really liked that as well. This is where you get to be creative!
- Use yarn to hang
- Ta-Da! Enjoy your easy cheap art!